DIY Async Message Pump: Lessons from the trenches
Building a reliable message pump that consumes and produces messages from queues is simple, in theory. In practice however, the picture looks a bit different. As contributor for queue adapters for RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Azure Storage Queues, MSMQ, AmazonSQS, Kafka and SQL Server, Daniel Marbach says he has made plenty of mistakes along the way. Now you don’t have to.
In this talk, Daniel will show you:
- What a robust and reliable message pump with TPL and async can look
- How you can use asynchronous synchronization primitives to throttle requests
- How to compare and contrast different queuing technology message pumps
- How to ensure no message is ever lost
- How you’ll save money by running in the cloud
With this knowledge, you’ll be ready to build an asynchronous message pump of your own that not only keeps on pumping reliably for ages but does so in a performant way.