- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you when you use the Site and the Software in the following ways:
- Contact and Registration Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request; register to extend an evaluation license; register for an event, course or activity; sign up to receive updates or a newsletter; request more information about us or our products or services; submit a request to support or technical assistance; or otherwise register for certain offers, activities or features, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as (depending on the case) your name, the name of the company you represent, your telephone number, your city and country and email address, and other optional information.
- Applying for a Position. If you apply for a position at Particular, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an e-mail to an e-mail address we display for such purpose, you may be required to provide us certain information such as your name, phone number, information about the position in which you are interested, your employment history or curriculum vitas (CV) or resume.
- Share with Friends. The Site and/or Software may enable you to invite your friends to use our Services by sending them an invitation email or message, such as by using the Site and/or Software to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a Gmail address). If you send or post an invitation message we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
- Kissmetrics. Kissmetrics is provided and hosted by Space Pencil, Inc., dba Kissmetrics. Kissmetrics receives information about the activities users engage in while visiting the Site, including by placing cookies on your device which allow Kissmetrics to detect if you have previously visited the Site or a particular web page and when you last visited a web page. Kissmetrics may collect certain information about your device that may be provided by your web browser, such as browser information, operating system information, mobile device information, your IP address, the time of your visit, and the referring site, application, or service. We may provide Kissmetrics with Personal Information (such as an e-mail address) about you which may be combined with the information collected by Kissmetrics for analysis purposes (but not sensitive personal information such as personal health information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs). Kissmetrics posts a privacy which governs how it collects and uses such information which is available at https://www.kissmetrics.com/privacy/. You may, however, opt-out of this analytics and user interactions service by using Kissmetrics’ Opt-Out Feature, available at https://www.kissmetrics.com/user-privacy/.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address, telephone number or address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; (ii) to contact you with offers for our products and services; and/or (iii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- If you register for an event or activity which is provided in cooperation with one of our third party partners (as indicated on the event or activity registration form), the information you provide to register for such event or activity may also be shared with such third party partner, who may use such information in connection with the event or activity for which you registered.
- If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
- We may use information you submit when applying for a position at Particular to contact you about available positions or to find out more information about you, including by providing the information we obtain to third parties to conduct research and background checks on your behalf.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms and License Agreements, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of NSB, our users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may collect and use Anonymous Information (as defined below) and/or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services. Our collection of Anonymous Information may include, without limitation, the sending of a notification to us over the internet from the Software: (a) upon installation on your computer of an evaluation copy of the Software, that a specific version of the Software has been installed; and (b) upon extension of an evaluation license, with information about the source of the Software (where you downloaded the Software), the Software components that have been installed, and the original installation date of the Software.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we may make available on the Services or you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Services, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. Except for our use of third-party analytics services (the Analytics Tools, as described in Section 4.7 above), we do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: February 16th, 2017